Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mad and Sad Sometimes

Lots of you have commented about how it looks like Ian is just so darn happy all the time-LOL.  Well considering what he has been through in just 30 days (yes, today marks the 1 month anniversary of our Gotcha Day), then I would have to agree that he is doing very well.  But "happy" all the time, well no-he is human after all.


This is the look I get when I ask Ian to do something he doesn't want to do.  He stares at the ground and pretends he can't hear me.  If I make him do it anyway (gasp! yes I am that kind of mom), then he starts with the silent tears rolling down his face.  It isn't very often thankfully, but indeed he does get mad-sad-stubborn sometimes when things don't go his way.

The reason he is pouting here in this picture is simply because he didn't want to get out of the car when we went to the park/playground.  He motioned it was "hot" outside when it was time to exit the car.   The reality was that he wanted to go swimming again that day(even though I had already made it clear no more swimming for the day).  When we pulled up at the park he realized that indeed we were not swimming again, this made him mad!  He told me it was hot, I got the "look", made him get out anyway, he eventually got over it, and we had fun at the park in spite of his pouting.

So as you can see, he isn't "happy" all the time.  We muddle through each moment of saddness, frustration, disappointments, and anger.  Always doing the best we can with what we are given :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are a good mom, and I think it's wonderful that he is showing such a range of emotion!! I think he has adapted so well, and the fact that he can express his sadness, joy, desires, and dislikes are pretty amazing!! I'm praying for ya'll everyday :)))

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We had some of that with Alaina - I really think it was her frustration of not being fully able to understand. I'm sure it's just that he's gone through so much, he sees his sisters and brothers understanding everything you all say and do, and he just is probably emotionally drained at the end of each day. Just my 2 cents worth from a crazy mom!

Heidi said...

Well, I guess you either get that response or Lucas's response which is a head turning obnoxious response. So....be thankful he is at least not loud or clawing your eyes out...=)lol