Friday, January 28, 2011

On Their Own

Just read a very heartfelt message from Amy with Love Without Boundaries. Here are some of her words...

"When many people think of an orphanage, I think they often envision babies and toddlers. I used to be one of those people myself. On my many trips to China, however, I began meeting and falling in love with the older children who have grown up in institutions, many who never had any true chance of finding a permanent home. Their faces and stories are in my heart forever now, and sadly many of my memories of these great kids involve tears. Tears from Jenny, who broke down on her 14th birthday when she realized that she had aged out of the adoption system without being chosen. The final realization that she would never know what it meant to have a mom or dad of her own caused her to fall into a deep depression. Tears from Lily, a 17-year-old girl whom I had given my jacket after she admired it. When she refused to accept it initially, I put my hand on her shoulder and said, “But of course you have to take it because you are like family to me.” And it was at that one word, “family,” that this normally stoic young lady broke down and sobbed uncontrollably, as it is the one thing that she longed for."

Click here to read the rest of her post. Heartbreaking :(

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

THIS broke my heart and I actually sent it to Scott. Pray everyone feels the same~ we need to bring them home!!! SO thankful our babies will be in our families forever!!!
Blessings and Joy!!!

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

You are right absolutely heartbreaking. I could not even imagine what it must be like for this kids. I know every night the girls pray that all the kids of the world have mommies and daddies and I truly hope this does happen.