Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My "Other" Job

Fortunately I have been blessed to have another job in addition to my real job. It is one that I love to do, help others find their children. My job title in the adoption world is...Waiting Child Advocate. No, I don't get paid in money for this job, but I do get paid. I get paid in LOVE for the children. My heart holds a special place for each and every child that I was able to "touch" prior to them coming home. I just thought I would post here my disclaimer that I give to all of my "clients" when I am working with them on their journey...

As you consider if this is your child or not, please know that I have NO personal interest invested in this one way or the other. I am simply here to HELP you make the best decision for you and your family. It does not matter to me whether or not you choose this child or the next child. Again I am just here to help you sort through the facts and your feelings. If this little one is not yours, I will continue to help you find your child. It can be a long and bumpy ride sometimes, just know that I am only in this to help :) I will give you my personal opinions, but know that they are just that “MY” personal opinions. I am not a doctor or expert on anything, and I don't claim to be.

Praying for you and your family as you make this decision. I think this child you are reviewing is adorable and would make a great addition to your family IF you are willing to take a leap of faith into this international adoption world. No guarantees, just faith. I don’t know your religious background, so if you are not a Christian I am not sure how you will make your decision. If you are though, then rely on what God tells you and how He guides you through this decision. I can help you with the facts and figures, but only he can help you with the faith. If He brings you to it, then He will bring you through it!! The question of the day is if this is what He wants for you.

So please continue to spread the word about my "other job". My heart is big enough to hold more precious little ones. I really wish that my house was just as big...LOL :)

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You always come to mind whenever the conversation turns in that direction.. like a WDW! I haven't heard from them yet, but still hoping!

Ashley said...

And you are OH-SO-GOOD at your "other job"! If only I had a dime for every time my hubby said, "now who is this Donna woman and who does she work for?"! And yes, you are paid in love- I know I love you! :)