Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Call


Exactly 2 years ago today, we got THE CALL for our little Miss Wu ChunZhen!! I remember the day well since it was my birthday :) Aisha called me that morning with God's special birthday present for me.

As I look back at her referral papers, I am not really sure if I even read them thoroughly-LOL. Words like " blue like skin" and "acute non-heart function" were all over her medical files. She had not had heart surgery at the time of her referral, so I was looking at a file of a little one year old baby girl with unrepaired large VSD, medium size ASD, and of course a PDA thrown in for good measure. I do remember hearing the phrase from Dr. Jenista, “She may not be alive by the time you get to her in China.” Now remember I had just lost Malia who did indeed not make it home to us from China. Bottom line was her file was scary, very scary.

Obviously I needed to hear from God about this little girl as we reviewed her file. It was my birthday, and her birthday was the very NEXT day. She would be turning a year old. God made it very clear to me that she was my girl. I had prayed and prayed about what to do after we lost Malia, and I heard very clearly to have faith. Keep the FAITH and that God would give me another baby to hold one day. How much clearer could it be…God was “giving” me my present on my birthday, and was “giving” this baby girl her family on her birthday (it took a day to send in your LOI, so it was to be sent to China on HER birthday the next day). But me oh my, he was testing my faith with those scary medical terms!

I really don’t even remember being scared, just being secure in knowing that this little girl was my gift from God no matter what her medical issues were. It was truly a leap of faith for us though. I couldn’t think of a more God given name for her…FAITH  :)  Oh how lucky we are to have faith in our God, and Faith as our daughter!

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a precious gift!!! Happy birthday to you both!!! :) Hope you had a wonderful vacation.
Blessings!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

amazing that it's already been 2 years since we were both looking at files!