Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recent Adoption Gone Bad

Well I finally had my first comment yesterday directed at me concerning the recent Russian little boy that was "returned" via plane. I was just flat out asked, "Have you ever wanted to send one of yours back?" I was caught off guard considering this was at my WWatchers meeting in a room full of other people. My gut response was "Well I am sure I have wanted to send back all 4 of my kids, adopted or not, at one time or another. Haven't we all?" Then I just laughed it off.

I wasn't proud of my answer or how I handled it, but it was all that came to me at the time. My thoughts to others who have talked about the story in general have been...well that lady was obviously just a crazy lady and I usually add that unfortunately there are a LOT of crazy people in this world. Her actions prove that she has absolutely no common sense.


The really really sad part is how this one woman's actions can affect so many other children. I pray that Russia does not hault adoptions due to her actions.


So I just read this great post and wanted to share it with you all. I love everything about the post and the FACT that we all need to be real about our adoption experiences, hence my blog and all of my Straight Talk ;) So please put me down on your list of people who will be proud to be your "Moving Buddy" anytime!!

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I remember asking our home study agent if they ever turned anyone down (assiming they pass their FBI clearances) and she actually said she had never heard of someone's HS yielding a "not suitable to adopt" result. I think THAT is what needs to be re-evaluated. It's likely that much was overlooked in the name of "business". Hate to say it, but that is likely the case. What do you think?