Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Babies Can't Wait Again

We are using the Babies Can't Wait GA program again with Faith. I am not quite as pleased with the services we have received so far, so I had another "meeting" today with a representative. I want to up her speech therapy sessions to at least once a week for 30 minutes each. They have only been sporadic up until now. Although Faith has made great progress in her speech, she is still obviously behind in her speech compared to her peers. I am really hoping that we can get her up to speed before she starts PreK. I realize that her delays are all "normal" delays due to her orphanage care. I just want the best for her so she can communicate to the best of her abilities.

Faith has started to repeat more and more words and is so darn cute when she does. Of course her favorite phrase these days is...OH MAN! Instead of saying the normal toddler uh-oh, she says "Oh Man!". Too funny to hear. What a sweet baby girl I am privileged to call my daughter :)

1 comment:

Beth and Ryan said...

That was one of MK's favs too! In fact, the BCW SLP taught her that...as well as "Peace Out"...entertaining.