Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Updates on Elise

Ann at http://www.redthreadchina.com/ was able to get me some updates on Elise last night.  I think the pictures were taken on the same day as the last update, but hey at least they are ones I have never seen.  Also, they did not answer the questions I had about her being in foster care, which leads me to believe that she truly is NOT in foster care.  Her file states that she is not either; however, since speaking with other parents who had adopted children from her orphanage, I really thought she would be in foster care.  Apparently she is not, which makes me sad to know that she is not being loved on by a family every day :( 

Elise just turned 16 months old (same age as when we got Faith), and it will be about another 5 months until we can get to her.  Living in an orphanage without a foster family for 21 months can really take its toll on a little soul.  I so hope she at least has a "special nanny" that favors her and maybe-just maybe- loves on her everyday. 

Here is the update:

Hong Xin Fang`s nick name is Fang Fang

She can not walk by her own,but she when she touch something such as the walll or table or little chairs ,she can move pretty well and she can stand by herself for a little while .

Xin Fang means gentle and sweet girl

Main food for xin fang : rice ,noodles ,vegetables ,meats

Milk 2-3 times/day ,She needs to eat deserts two times/day too,she eats fresh fruits sauce ,bread ,egg,cake ,all kinds of soup ,ect .

Xin Fang`s udpate measurements below :
weight :9kg
height :77cm
head :43.5cm
chest :44cm
foot:11.5cm
teeth:6/6

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

How precious she is!! Analiese was in the SWI for approx 28-30 months. She faired better than Grace, who had a family for 11 months and then spent 17 months in the SWI, because the SWI was the ONLY family Analiese knew so she didn't miss what she never had.

Every photo you have of Elise shows a happy, inquisitive little girl. You are so blessed!!

Michal said...

The worries that you have in your heart right now for your dear Elise just make MY heart ache. I know that you must worry every moment of the day and night. My heart understands that pain you are feeling. The moment that you take her in your arms will be the moment that her healing begins. I will keep your sweet faced little one in my heart and in my prayers until I know that she is wrapped safely in your love.
And with a face like that? She is bound to be someone's favorite!!! Would you just look at her? My goodness she's precious.

Moosevine said...

I love that she "needs" to eat desserts 2x/day. As far as foster care goes, it's not always as wonderful as it's cracked up to be, so stay positive that God is filling her little heart with love and holding her close while she waits for you. :)