Friday, October 15, 2010

BIG Paperchase Process

Whew, finally received our agency's approval on our homestuday yesterday.  So I was able to drive out to our social worker's office and pick up our completed homestudy originals.  Then I waited for BAAS (our agency) Fedex to arrive with the final piece of paper that I needed to file the coveted I-800A application. 


I was then off to the Post Office to mail in our I-800A application, and I also sent off 10 docs to Houston for Authentication, and also I sent 1 doc up to Chicago Consulate.  SO needless to say we are well on our way to completing our dossier. 

Next step now is to wait on our I-800A to be processed, then we have to get fingerprinted (yes again), then we wait for final I-800A approval.  Once I have that last approval, my dossier will be complete!  Well of course after I notarize, county certify, state certify, and then have Houston authenticate it.

Yes, I know tiring just to write it, you should actually try DOING it all.  Okay I know enough whining.  Anyhow, I am excited to be clicking right along and getting closer to my baby each and every day :)

1 comment:

Steve and Darcy said...

Oh Donna...you sure bring back paperwork nightmares!! UGH!! I never cease to be amazed at how much paperwork goes into adoption!! After we did Michael's re-adoption I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders - I was paperwork free after 3 years/2 adoptions!! You do rock it though - excellent job getting it all done so quickly!!! Can't wait to meet your daughter!! She is beautiful!