Thursday, September 24, 2009

End of One Journey

and hopefully she will begin a new one. My dear friend, Aisha is with a heavy heart today since it is her last day working with her adoption agency. As you may remember, Hope for Children closed its doors when I was traveling to bring Faith home. Fortunately my adoption case worker, the one and only Aisha, was able to temporarily stay on working from her house for the new agency that all of Hope's clients had to transfer to. But today her temporary position has ended :(

Aisha and I haven't always seen eye to eye, and heaven knows I am not the "ideal client" for sure! I am pretty sure I was one of Aisha's toughest clients and certainly one of the most demanding for sure ;) HOWEVER, she never once lost with me or was ever rude to me.

Aisha is one of the very few people who was able to "know something" before I "knew something" in the adoption world. In the end, we realized we made a great pair and we are able to share our knowledge with each other and continue to do that to this day. Through both of my adoptions, Aisha and I have grown to be good friends and I am forever grateful to her for helping bring home my baby girls!!

Aisha will always have a special connection to my girls and especially to Faith as she was "hand chosen" by Aisha on my birthday. What an incredible gift Aisha gave me that I will truly never forget. So please keep Aisha in your prayers as she embarks on a new journey in her life. I pray that she will be able to continue her work helping others, as she truly has a heart for orphans :) I don't know how I could ever properly THANK HER for all the blessings she helped bring into my life!

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what your bank account was, the sort of house you lived in, or the kind of car you drove. But the world may be different because YOU were important in the life of a child."

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

What a sweet sweet tribute to a wonderful lady - I too am so thankful to the help she gave us in bringing Ally home...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Donna. This was very sweet of you and I truly appreciate it!

Aisha(former adoption consultant!)

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Dang! I can't believe that entry got me teary-eyed. I concur! Aisha has been nothing but wonderful to all of us. Thank you Aisha! We love you and hope to stay in touch (Frannie and Gracie)