Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Crazy Weather

Well yesterday was quite a crazy day for us. We were awaken by a freight train (at least the sound of one) rushed the kids to the hallway. We sat there and were pounded by hail and debris hitting the house and then just as quick as it came- it was gone. Here are some shots from what the lovely little storm left us in our front and back yards. Of course all the kids were very concerned- but really just about their trampoline! Our trampoline was completely removed from our yard and we have a big yard. We finally found it over a couple of fences and placed on a tree in a neighbor's yard-crazy.


Well fortunately no one was hurt anywhere in our subdivision. There was alot of damage in our little subdivision including my mom's house. Here is a quick shot of her house along with some of the other damage just in our neighborhood:

I tried to get me and Shelby on the news, but we didn't make the cut I guess. All 3 channels had our neighborhood on there last night though. We spent the day yesterday cleaning up (well CJ did) and just assessing all the damages. Shelby and I strolled through the neighborhood back and forth from my house to my moms about 50 times. Everything is back to normal today and we were off to work and school. Thank God no one was injured and that we had minimal damage. Hug your kids a little tighter today! Can't end a post without of a shot of my cutie pie...

5 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! Glad everyone is OK. We had some houses loose alot of roof shingles in our neighborhood and lots of limbs down, but nothing like your neighborhood. What a difference 15-20 miles can make in a major storm.

Steve and Darcy said...

Wow! I didn't realize how bad the storm hit in your area - I have been dealing with sick kids (again) and have been out of the news loop! I am glad that you are all okay!

Unknown said...

Wow. Glad you guys are OK. We didn't get it that bad here.

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my! You guys got hit hard! I am so glad you are ok!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I know you all were so scared! We noticed a few snow flakes on our deck this AM -- we just had wind, but not as strong as you did!