Monday, June 4, 2007

Package Should Arrive Today

A lot of people have asked if we can send anything to Shelby while we wait. The answer is yes, and yes I already have. The package should actually arrive to the orphanage today. It will be up to the orphanage to get the package to her in her foster home. I hope and pray that they deliver it to her soon. I used Adele Hall at Blessed Kids to send the package. It included a letter written in Chinese explaining who we are and that we hope to come for Shelby in the Fall. I was also able to include 4 pictures of us along with some goodies for her. Adele also sent 2 disposable cameras in the package. The letter explains for them to take the pictures and then return the cameras to her contact in China. This way we are more likely to get the cameras mailed sooner rather than waiting until we go to China. IF the foster family does mail the cameras to her contact in China, then Adele will then be able to email me the pictures. I really really really hope they send the cameras as asked. I would LOVE to see some recent pics of Shelby.


Here is the email I received from Blessed Kids last week:
"I faxed the letter and package information to my contact. I have emailed your photos to China to be printed as regular photos so that he can include them in the package. He will send the package to the orphanage around May 25. I will email you around June 4 about the package arrival. I will keep you updated about the camera retrieval service. It is a joy to do the translation for you. I look forward to working as a translator for you again in the future. I have attached a flyer about my services for adoptive parents. It will be great if you can do me a favor to pass this information and my web site to your adoption agency and other adoptive parents. I will really appreciate it. www.blessedkids.com"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A care package...how wonderful to be able to send some love to Shelby.